The origin of Conca dei Marini is unclear, may be founded by the Tyrrhenians under the name Cossa. It is colonized in 272 BC by the Romans.
After the fall of the Western Roman Empire, Conca served as naval support to the Maritime Republic of Amalfi. Chronicles of the time mention 27 large galleons in its possession. After the crisis due to the capitulation of the Republic of Amalfi, in the eleventh century, its maritime trade resumed with the Swabians and Angevins.
In 1275, it was subservient like all the Amalfi Coast to the Angevin Kingdom of Naples. The prosperity of Conca resumed even more under the Aragonese and the Spanish Bourbons, trading among others with Venice, Trieste, Istanbul and Izmir. However, Turkish piracy developed, at sea and on land by plundering villages, as was Conca in June 1543. The plagues also struck, in 1528 and in 1556.
In the seventeenth century, the village produced fruit, silk, wool and wood, which sold well in Naples.
Followed a gradual decline. Tourism has become its main activity, with some fishing and lemon production.