Commentaires récents

San Caterina a Formiello

The Santa Caterina a Formiello church was founded around 1510 and designed by Antonio Fiorentino Cava. It was one of the first churches to introduce the dome in Naples. The church is dedicated to the virgin and martyr Catherine of Alexandria

San Gregorio Armeno

The church of San Gregorio Armeno, with its monastery, is also known as St. Patrick's Church. It is located in the historic center of Naples, in a street known for its crèche shops and craftsmen of sacred art.

San Lorenzo Maggiore

San Lorenzo Maggiore is one of the oldest basilicas in Naples, located on the site of the ancient Greek agora. Dating back to the 13th century, its interior has retained its Gothic style. The apse, unique in its kind in southern Italy, is an example of French Gothic. While towards the transept, the Gothic becomes Italian, sign of the evolution of the builders.

Santa Chiara Church

The Basilica of Santa Chiara, the largest Gothic church in Naples, with the adjoining monastery, was built between 1310 and 1328 by Robert of Anjou, on some Roman baths of the first century AD, near the west wall of the city. Located in the Piazza del Gesù Nuovo in front of the Church of Jesus it was included in the convent of the Poor Clares adjacent.Several tombs of Angevins are sheltered including those of Charles of Calabria and Robert the Wise.

Cathedral of Naples

The Cathedral of Naples, built at the end of the 13th and at the beginning of the 14th century is known for the relics of Saint Gennaro, saint patron of the city, but also the oldest Christian baptistery of the West.

Gesù Nuovo in Naples

Gesu Nuovo de Naples

Façade de Gesu Nuovo de Naples

The Church of Gesù Nuovo (New Jesus) or Great Trinity is one of Naples’ most important basilicas, so named to distinguish it from the old church of Jesus. It was originally a 15th century …

St. Martin Charterhouse

The Charterhouse of St. Martin is one of the largest monumental complex in Naples and one of the most successful examples of Baroque art, located on the Vomero Hill, at the foot of Sant 'Elmo Castle.